Saturday, September 16, 2006

Whatcha Gonna Do?

the apartment is empty, ive only got 5 tv channels to play with and trust me, on a lazy saturday afternoon, theres bollocks on telly. I've got nothing in the fridge to raid (and not only is it empty, it is switched off for the defrosting process), no food items to cook, and i am chained to my house at the moment as the people from PAL Shipping are supposed to come and pick my boxes up here in London, but when I called them they were in Manchester. Hmmm...

I've got no TV shows to watch (watched them all), but I do have ONE thing i have to do, which is cleaning up. Haih.. Im going to start that later. So what do I do to pass the time? well, surfing the internet, and i think the sites which i frequent the most have been visited on an hourly basis. This is boring. Not even friendster can save me now!

Was reading thestar.com.my, and found 3 articles indirectly linked to Zaid Ibrahim & Co. Its weird because law firms rarely appear on newspapers but i gotta hand it to em, ZICO is like a celebrity law firm.

An article in thestar.com.my announced the privatisation of an asset (which i dont know if i can name or not) by another company (again, i dont think i can disclose this) which I had a hand in! Woohoo! Yay! Of course i did 0.0001% (or less) of the work but its nice to read in newspaper articles things that you actually had a hand in. Another article was an announcement by the CIMB Chief Executive (Charon something) about something CIMB is up to. He was a top gun lawyer at ZICO before he jumped into the investment banking world. The last article is about ZICO being announced as the legal advisor for Genting and Maxis' bond issue. Wahey, way to go ZICO (eventhough i dont work for them!)

------------------------------------------


I dont think many people know about this, but my playlist on my iPod is grouped according to a particular time frame. For example, my playlist has names such as "A 05 KL Summer" and "A London Spring". All the songs in the playlist are a mixture of songs which reflect the time of year the playlist was made or songs that were top of the charts at the particular moment. I've decided to make a new playlist for this new time, and its called "A New KL Adventure!". Theres some tracks on it that was present in the previous playlist, only because I think it reflects exactly how I'm feeling at the moment. At the moment the new playlist will feature mostly happy happy tracks with fast beats, in order to justify the "New Adventure" status. It may be also due to the fact that i'll be using it during driving as I kiss my London Underground and oyster card days goodbye and hello to stressful gearshifting in traffic jams. Not to forget I would have to re-master the art of parking lot jousting where vision, timing, and skill is required in order to come up on top. Forget champions league football, this is the place where only the very best survive. (the loser ends up having to walk further)

Having said that, being wedged between stupid smelly people (they are stupid, trust me, and they stink as well!) on the bus from stratford to manor park or being stuck in the privacy of my car, I'd choose the car anytime.

When I say stupid, I really mean it. There was a huge huge lady who blocked the entrance and refused to move only until the driver intervened, in which her response was "I aint bovvered I got my rights to stand wherever I want I paid my fare innit?" Another thing Im irritated by are these hiphop wannabes blasting 2nd rate tracks from their mobile phones. Heard of earphones mate? And no, playing 50cent doesnt make you look like a gangster, it makes you look like a kid. And no, you're not from Harlem, you're from Stratford. And you're not even African American, you're of middle eastern descent! (being pc here...)

London's a bit foggy at the moment. Canary Wharf is blurry from my vista point. but I think itll clear up later in the day. Talking about that, I have to go to meet the lads to say hello/goodbye to Coxhead before he heads off to Cambridge, but I've got to wait for the box people to come.




well people, will blog again once i move my arse from this chair and finish the cleaning up. talk to ya'all soon...




pish

No comments: