Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Naan Ambition

So the festive season has passed, New Year has come and gone, and people who took the extended leave are back at work. The kids are back in school, the roads are jam packed, mamak stalls selling naan are full again and every business is starting to operate back at full speed. Hence, work gets busier and busier.

Ive not had much time to go online this past few days, the router decides to call in sick and not operate properly the past few days - leaving me at the mercy of my neighbour's unsecured wireless broadband (thank you!- must belanja you people naan)

so yeah, my life, is still uncool at the moment (see posts below). I dont see myself doing anything worth of note, other than just work, i guess. my weekend sees me going to class (whilst doing so, having naan for lunch), and only for the mid-day sunday to evening do i have any time to enjoy, and most of the time, its really nothing much. oh dear, i guess i dont have a life!

today i woke up at 6, and put my alarm on snooze, 5 mins later it buzzed again, and i was faced with a dilemma. sacrifice a gym session for an extra 45mins sleep, or wake up and haul my sorry ass all the way to kl and go for gym. decided that with all the naans that i had to consume, id better head to the gym before i cant fit into any more of my pants and left home at 6.40 and reached the gym at about 7ish.

gym was okay, and i found a lil cafe in Wisma SPK which does continental / american breakfasts (something that Bangunan AmBank sadly doesnt have - and they dont have naans either!) and had a nice breakfast right after gym. Perfect, except for the fact that its a 20minute drive to get less than 2kms away to my office. Braved the peak hour jam in the most congested road in Kuala Lumpur, and got in for work. Work was okay, nothing too strenous, but it wasnt quiet either.

was suprised that the new guy who came in yesterday actually left! haha, the guy only worked for a day and he left! i have no idea why, and me and nelly crammed our brains together as to the main reason the fella left but we couldnt find any! we belanja'ed him lunch, where we all had naan at the curry house in cangkat

so left office pretty early. round 6.30 and managed to get home pretty early too! for some weird reason traffic was unusually light! mysterious i say. so before i got back home i went naan-hunting and thats about it really. What a day.

Ope had said that his life is in the crossroads. Mine seems to be stuck in a rut. to be honest with you i think i really need to be more focused on what i wanna do instead of just being swayed by stories of lore. I dont know, i dont know. Lately things at work have been good for me, i think i am in the best position to gain a lot of experience and to learn things many people wouldnt be able to. Im being given blue-chip jobs and its quite cool of my director to bring me / send me for assignments which are pretty high level. Its pretty good, but the pressure is on for me to not make a mistake, i guess its one of those "all or naan-thing" kinda thing.

I was thinking about this in the car on my way back from work, alongside thoughts of Naan and Hannah Tan (not together though!), and i thought, hey, im getting into this routine already!

i actually ran out of things to say, im tired and just well, full, from that naan dinner i had. sorry for this being a boring post. im just writing whatever i have here so that i can claim to blog at least ONCE a week.

toodles people, have to go to bed and hopefully to be dreaming of hannah tan, and not naan.

ciao!


p.s - some ppls birthdays are coming up! i smell a party! or that could just be my socks. or a nice garlic naan.


NAAN COUNT - 12, Next Blog - Spot the Roti

2 comments:

keesha said...

hello! happy new year! just thought i's say hi... and also say that this post is not boring... bile dah confirm belanja k!

Madeku367 said...

Enjoy kerja wei..! coz u gonna work for another 30 years!