Saturday, July 19, 2008

Bang-sar-lity

ive been in Bangsar for quite a while now, staying on my own. Partly due to the fact that the petrol prices have been increasing, the distance from Bangsar to my office in One Utama is a third of what it would have taken me if i were to drive all the way from Subang.

So yeah, I hear some of my mates saying its cool to be living on your own, but I think I disagree. Whilst there are advantages in living on your own, there are some fundamental flaws that needs to be addressed as well.

Bills, for instance, dont come cheap, and they come thick and fast. Water, electricity, broadband, god knows what else they put through the letterbox.

The idea of friends popping over, well, they dont. Partly to the fact that there isnt anything much to do at home. Yeah, DVD's, but, nothing much of interest. A PS3 might do the trick, but my recent spending pattern is kinda horrifying so there will be a need to reign in spending.

The idea you can bring girls home. Yeah, um, the major flaw in this argument is that, you need to have some sort of female company in the first place???

Independence - not really, no. I'm still prepared for my parents to 'conveniently' pop in anytime they are in Bangsar. The apartment is in 3 different state of preparedness. 1) Unprepared, 2) Ok, 3) DEFCON1. At DEFCON1, everything is as spick as span.

But most of the time its unprepared. haha.

Well, thought of rambling a bit on a lazy sunday morning. Lots of things to do today. Work!!! Oh no.

Take care peeps.

No comments: