Thursday, February 21, 2008

A 520km Adventure

Again, being the consultant that gets to travel to 'glamorous' (notice the sarcasm, and probably the incorrect spelling) places, today I find myself the rather fun task of driving me and my colleagues to Kuantan for a meeting.

Woke up and picked up Ajit from SS15, and headed to office, where it is nearly empty, with everyone jetting off somewhere for their projects. Picked up the boss and headed to Kuantan.

I must say it was a good drive. Gave my car a chance to stretch its legs over the long distance. A minor niggle is the fact that the tires were not as smooth as before once i reach a certain speed, which i will not disclose in this blog for fear of persecution. However, after exceeding a certain speed again, the tyres become smooth as usual. Weird, but true. Ajit recomended his friend's shop in SS14 for high speed balancing, so i think i should give it a try before i send my car to the boys at AB.

Meeting went fine, very technical with lots of code. Confusing for simpletons like me.

Drove back the afternoon and again, same problems with tyres. But didnt drive too fast back as the road was totally dark.

Im thinking Kuantan is nearly cool. It doesnt warrant its entry into the cool-list yet, but i think i need more than a daytrip to make a more informed judgment. So far, my list (always open for debates by the way) are as follows


Cool Cities
KL (of course)
Penang
Melaka

Nearly Cool (Could do Better)
Kuantan

Uncool but Ok-lah
Labuan

Dead
Perlis
Bandar Sri Begawan
Shah Alam


More elaboration will be made later. Im tired! Ciao!

No comments: