Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Mid Year Review

Tell me, did you remember what happened 6 months ago? Think about it, think about what your hobbies were, where you were and what were you thinking about.

Now compare and contrast the differences between now and then. Any changes? Any new things, new outlook, new views in life?

Well if you say 'no' to all that, then maybe life is good for you and you have decided to stick with the convention and go on with it, hey thats good. For me, it has been a little bit more different.

As I wrote in my earlier earlier blogs, I have changed jobs. (Not many people know this, how so I'm not sure because I'm sure I've been telling people how much I want to change jobs. Maybe they dont listen. Haha)

Anyways yea, i have switched from Investment Banking (or 'glorified clerk' at investment banking) to consultant. Yes, yes, I know its not even been a year since I've started donning ties and made my trek to the office every 7.30am, but I had to do what I had to do - seize the opportunity and make the change.

It was a risky move, what if my new post is exactly the same like the previous one? What if it is worse? What would I do, having used my 'get out of shit job' card already?

But thank God that things have been great. I like the place, I like the people. I know its still early days, and I have told myself that there are always two sides to every story. The other side of my new story has not made itself present yet, but I think I can guess what they might be.

Everything else is going great. I'm so much happier, I look forward to doing more interesting things other than my requisite mamak stall hangouts, I frequent new and exciting places to eat and I have made some lovely new friends.

So far so good. Then maybe I was right after all.



Now that is out of the way, I have finally found a hobby that I truly like and something that I may be good at. I am now one of those 'people' you see carrying a huge camera on weekend snapping at buildings and flowers and the sort. I have found a new hobby in SLR photography.

I guess it all started from using my dad's camera at Cameron Highlands. There I learnt some stuff about shutter speeds, apertures and the like. If you head to my flickr page then you would be able to see some of the pictures that I took. I would say I am still a beginner. I dont know much about all the high tech things that all those professionals use. One more thing is the lack of photoshop. I dont use image editors at all, only to resize the pics to a manageable level.

Im using a Nikon D80, and I have got two lenses, one is the 'Kit lens' which is a 18-135 f/35 and thats pretty good for some outdoor photography and 'events' kinda thing.

My other lens is a 50mm 'standard' lens with a f/1.4. Its one of the fastest lens you can get for reasonable money. Any faster and you're probably looking at near-five figures. Apparently there is a lens built back in the 60s or something that goes f/0.95 and thats the fastest you can go... i think. So yea, that is my pride and joy, but it is a bitch to use, the pictures tend to be blurry and the only reason i need a f/1.4 is for indoor night shots, and that doesnt happen very often.

Oh by the way, I hate using flash, so yeah, thats why i need a f/1.4


ok people, I got to go, got some work to do. Ciao Bella!

No comments: