Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Back

Due to unexpected but welcome high demand from various parties of the public, this blog is back up. Many of you will wonder why I deleted the blog in the first place, well, like all mysteries in life, this one will remain unanswered. What will be answered, though, are the general questions of life.

I wont be doing a blog on "life" in particular. You know the kind of blogs that seems to have a melancholic view on life, about struggles, about hardship, about relationships. No. I say there are more important questions in life which need to be answered. Among them

1. Why are there so many stupid people in Stratford?

2. Why do gym trainers look like theyre on steroids? (they probably are)

and

3. Are Leeds going to be back up in the Premiership?? (of course! its where they belong!)

-----

The past few days I've been busy with gym and revising. More of the former than the latter, but I did manage to do some questions on my CIMA revision kit. I dont know, but to me I learn more through the book than I did through classes. The lecturers in my course seem to be a competent bunch, but that is before they start ranting about something else. Hafeez, my P1 management accounting lecturer looks like hes scared of teaching, and bores me to death. Asare, my P7 lecturer doesnt make sense at all. The only lecturer I rate to be above average this term would be my P4 Organisational management and Info Systems lecturer, Ian. He's pretty good, and hes got solid credentials to back it up too. He makes lectures interesting and bearable. In his class, I feel sleepy, but in the other two lecturers classes, I feel like jumping out the window.



Enough about lecturers. My current rant of the day would be about stupid people in stratford. I'm not saying everybody is stupid in stratford, no. Im sure there are clever people near where I live, but they may have been hiding in bunkers or probably moved out. You may wonder why I say this, well heres the reason why.

When you're on the bus, sometimes there are some kids (teenagers i presume) who blast out their music on their mobile phones. I'm all for listening to music while travelling, I do that all the time, but not playing it out on speakers?? It really pisses me off because their choice of music will probably the worst kind of rap, or the worst kind of techno. They play techno so pitifully bad, even the most hardcore of Ah Bengs would put up his hands and say "Enough, I dowwan to hear that song! Dont play play!"

Another thing is that they dont look when theyre crossing the roads. Some of them just stroll over without looking, and usually its the bus that has to make an emergency stop. To be honest with you, if i drove a 4X4 here, i think id be doing a public service to the community by running them over. When theyre not running away without paying the kebab shop, shoplifting, or holding up buses, theyre playing music on their mobile phones.

The women-folk arent too far behind either. They know theyre not the sharpest tool in the shed, so they offset this by shouting out what they think. They talk about everything in the bus, politics, celebrities, movies. I dont eavesdrop, but its kinda hard to not hear what theyre speaking when theyre practically shouting. And most of the times, what they say just doesnt make sense.


right. i am suddenly feeling a sharpe tingling on my back. Thats a warning system that reminds me exams are round' the corner, and ive got studying to do. Will blog more later on tonight. till then, welcome back.

No comments: