Friday, May 12, 2006

sunny days

i have to admit, i have been rather distracted this past few days. the thought of being able to meet Pele' has kinda thrown my study routines off course for a bit. For those who have not known about this, it is pretty much what I've been thinking of for the past few days. Pele' is coming to London. yes, Pele'. The Pele'. Hes in London to promote his autobiography and I am thinking of going to buy the book and get him to sign it for me. Of course there will be a queue of, say, a few thousand people, but i will try and camp outside of waterstones at 9 in the morning to get to be first in line. Its something what my lil sister would do for a Harry Potter book, but thats just not on a level as Pele. Me and Nik are sorting out some plans on when and where are we going to meet him. Unfortunately i think hes only going to sign the book, so looks like the Brazil jersey i bought two days ago has to be returned sometime soon.

so what did i do today? Abit of studying, and er, abit of gallery viewing, would you believe it or not. Went to the National Art Gallery with Lee, which I finally managed to see the "Madonna on the Rocks" painting made famous by Dan Brown in one of his books. As usual, I looked at it for 10 seconds, thought, "Hmm, thats nice" and walked off. Art eh, you can talk for 30mins about it, but frankly, do i really look like i care?

got to see Van Gogh's Sunflowers, and some other paintings I really cant remember who painted them. Monet was there too, and there was one painting of a big horse. Nothing special, just a horse. There's a whole load of paintings which i know some art critic would say "changed the world's direction" or some other bullshit like that, but I think I had enough for the day and we went just chilling at the park. Last time I properly did that was back in august last year, with Nik, Kiau, Durra and Sya, at regents park. Just chilling around enjoying the weather. Being a nice day and all, I cant help but wish it was summer all year round. Its more lively, theres just a lot more atmosphere as compared to the cold bleak winter. Dont get me wrong, I kinda like winter when its running up to christmas and the new year, but after the 10th of january, i feel that London just becomes gloomy till April when the sun comes out again. It seems like everyone is walking around like zombies during that time. Anyhoo, (phrase taken from J.D in "Scrubs") its getting brighter and brighter and things are springing back to life. Hooray!

After trekking around with lee to get her krispy kremes, I got back home, got a headache, took ibuprofen (i dont usually take these!) which i think is due to dehydration, and watched tv. After watching Jonathan Ross (my highlight of the week sometimes!) now here I am, writing on my blog. I am going to be doing just a lil bit more studying, but I think tomorrow will be a day of full studying, that is before the FA Cup final and maybe continue on after the cup final game. Weekends, always the source of something fun for people, but for me a saturday is just like another day. This could be due to the fact that I had classes on saturdays, and half the week I dont have classes. My weekends are like what they have in Kelantan, on thursdays and fridays. Of course, minus the occasional stonings and Mawi concerts.

Oh, yea, my Aunty is coming over this sunday from KL. So in typical fashion, the house is in DEFCON 1, meaning suddenly everything is tidy. The floors mopped, vaccumed, mopped and vaccumed again, the dining table given a total disinfecting, and the bathroom is so pristine white, I feel like im in an igloo. My room, however, is a different story. My mom used to say that my room is like a sinking ship (kapal karam). I never really understood why she said that because i thought sinking ships are most of the time neat, that was until I watched titanic and discovered that as ships sank, theres a whole lotta mess. As an example, I found a tshirt i forgot i had, under the bed. I also found some magazines, but then again, lets just stop there.

so its another 10 or so more days to the exam. Cant wait to get this over and done with, because after that its the holidays!



well people, study calling. talk to u guys soon. till then, good luck and good night.

No comments: