Thursday, May 18, 2006

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do

dont be silly. i dont write about relationships in this blog. its a "relationship-free" zone. but of course, with such a soppy romantic title, it could only mean one thing. yes, it has something to do with a phone. (as it always does).

whilst clearing up my room, i found my old blackberry, lying face down on the floor next to the drawers, near the laundry bag. I felt sad for it and decided to give it a charge, since the battery is flat. I switched it on for the first time after 3months of inactivity, it glowed to life. And now is sitting happily net to my Xda, another idle gadget. I feel some sort of attachment towards it, because despite it sucking my money dry, I loved it. I loved the way it worked, I loved the simplicity of it. I loved the ability to receive and send emails instantaneously anywhere. It used to be my life in that phone. And now I've got to go through the hassle of checking emails on my laptop (which takes forever to boot up, if, it decides to boot up) and you know when you check emails, you get distracted and what is supposed to be a 10minute look at what you need to, becomes a 1hour run through to all the websites that you want to see.

Its one of those things that if you look from the outside, you would never understand it. You could say "hey, you're just wasting your money" but trust me, once you get it, you'll be hooked. Its why they call it the "crackberry" because its so addictive. I used to say the same bout the ipod, i mean i told myself, i cant name 100 songs, so why would I need 30gb of music. And its all a flash marketing scam anyways.

And look whos life-dependent on it now. Yeap. Good things make your life better, but great things change it.

It ranks alongside the ipod, my watch, and my rice cooker as the four most important gadget/electrical/item in my life. I miss it. I miss it so much that I'm thinking of taking the blackberry subscription back in Malaysia. I can get it hooked up to the 017 number, and my blackberry handset here does the job, so no extra costs needed. Just put the simcard in and itll work. All I need now is rm 70 a month. Heh, even my slave wages can pay for that. But other than the usual email banter, I dont get much emails. Maybe I'll have to think it through.


I called up o2 to follow up on my refund. They were supposed to refund me 20pounds since February but somehow they failed to do so. When I called them, they said I owed them money. I was abit suprised and I checked my statements. It turns out to be the other way around. So my advice for you people who have problems with these mobile phone companies is, call them until you get the result you want because I've done this before. I called them three different times and they said three different things about my contract.



Ok. enough phone talk. Gotta go study. CIMA revision aint going to be done by just staring at it.




Jack Bauer quotes.



"Jack Bauer could strangle you with a cordless phone."

"Superman wears Jack Bauer pajamas"

"If everyone on "24" followed Jack Bauer's instructions, it would be called "12".

"When Google can't find something, it asks Jack Bauer for help."

"There is the right way, the wrong way, and the Jack Bauer way. It's basically the right way but faster and more deaths"


-------


the end.

No comments: