Sunday, May 28, 2006

Post Exam Blues

its typical isnt it. during your exams, you have so much things to do, so much places to see, and when you do have the time for it, you cant be bothered. i guess the lure of going to galleries in the run up to your exams is much more greater than doing it after the exams.

and in typical briths weather fashion, the day i went for a bbq, was the day it suddenly decided to rain endlessly. and now im feeling a lil bit ill.

im actually suprised with this, i dont really fall ill often. i get the ocassional headaches two or three times a year but thats because im too busy to drink water and get dehydrated. heh, yeah i know, everytime i say ive got a headache, theres a 90% chance i actually couldnt be bothered to go out. but that 10% is true though!

so i do what i always do when im feeling a bit ill, i went out. a good walk with some (relatively) fresh air would do you a lot of good. So i walked around this shithole you call Manor Park. Its not bad, really, if you love Jalan Masjid India, then you'll love this place. I dont, so figure out. Got myself some juices, some cereal and chicken. Now, is it just me or when you buy chicken from the Halal shops, the chicken breasts are like huge. Its like they get mutant chicken breasts. it really is weird. And to defy economic theory, theyre actually cheaper! I still cant figure out an explanation for this. Its like Tesco's are Keira Knightley, and the halal shop down the road is Scarlett Johannson.

Got myself a calling card, and I called up Matpah, as I always do. I bet you hes sick and tired of me calling him up and asking whats new. So yes, there really isnt much else I can write here.. let me think..

I got myself an iTrip, but im not too impressed with it. I tried it with my small radio and it worked fine, but the stereo clarity isnt as good as i hoped it would be. But still, it is the only way of getting 7000 songs onto your car stereo, unless of course, you've got an ipod enabled stereo, or some sort of 2000cd changer in your car.

im currently enjoying having all this time in the world, and not doing anything. tommorow is a bank holiday, but the gym is open, so i will be there early in the morning and spend some time there guilt free in the knowledge that there really isnt anything better to do. I could sit in front of the tv and get fat, but even that gets a bit bored after a while.

my parents are going to be around end of this week, so thats nice. any of you lot who are interested in coming down to london do let me know and we can arrange something, im free until the 3rd when I'm going off. you do have to put up with my weird routine though. ive been told by some that its suprising how im so different these days, but thats what happens when you spend 3 months literally on your own. i promise ill be nice.

so yeah, the offer is open. come one, come all.


Yesterday was Ben's birthday celebrations, but his birthday was actually today. His housemate Sam's birthday was yesterday and he had a huge party. It was a bbq and i stuffed myself (as I always do). But since Ben didnt really know anyone at the party, me, daryl, ben and ben's mate chris (i think) drove off to watch X-Men3. I think the movie was a little bit dissapointing. I dont really know what storyline they follow.

Heres another little tidbit about me that you probably dont know. Besides being well versed in Star Trek (with this announcement, within the next 2 weeks my dates will suddenly feign illness or just ignore me totally), I do read the X-Men comics too. Not every week, but sufficient enough to know what's going on. I read the Uncanny X-Men, because their storylines are simple without too many alternate universes and dead people coming back from life. Its also set before the Sentinels era (but of course, they do go to the future and back, unfortunately), and the cast is more stable (i.e, they dont all suddenly find themselves in a different time area/alternate universe). In the movie, i wont spoil it for you, but the ending is rather consistent with the current situation in the Uncanny X-Men. Well, there is one area that isnt so consistent but I think somewhere along the lines "it happened" and everythings fine and dandy.

Ok, I'm just talking crap now. Am going off to watch Jeremy Clarkson shout "powerr..." and making fun of Richard Hammonds teeth. Bless the BBC. Well worth my TV License, maybe..


to all, take care.

No comments: